Posts

Showing posts from 2019

NEWS

Image
Tears As Dangote Truck  Kills SIX People In Gombe State An accident involving multiple vehicles around the Bypass area of Gombe state has left six people dead. According to eye witnesses, an open truck said to belong to Dangote experienced brake failure, the truck was said to be conveying ceiling sheets. The truck was said to have rammed into other vehicles and in the process knocked them into a nearby canal. An eyewitness, Julaibib Musa, who narrated how the incident played out said “the accident happened a few minutes ago. It was the Dangote truck that started brushing an 18-seater bus, with LAG Agege 814 plate number, with three passengers and tricycles into the canal.” A survivor, who identified himself as Mubarak, a tricycle operator said, ‘after dropping passengers, I tried to take a U-turn when I saw the truck approaching. Before I could do anything the truck was about to hit me, it was then I tried to divert my tricycle to avoid been crushed”. The deputy ...

news

Image
Foreign Criminal Gang Want To Dupe Nigeria Of Billions Of Dollars’ – Buhari Cries Out To World Leaders President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday in New York alerted World Leaders on attempts by international criminal groups to cheat Nigeria of billions. The president raised the alarm while presenting the country’s National Statement as the fifth speaker on the first day of the General Debate during the 74th Session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA74). According to him, the present Nigerian government is facing the challenges of corruption head-on. He said: “We are giving notice to international criminal groups by the vigorous prosecution of the P&ID scam attempting to cheat Nigeria of billions of dollars.” While holding social media outlets responsible for fuelling major crimes such as mass killings, Buhari called on major tech companies to be alive to their responsibilities. “They cannot be allowed to continue to facilitate the spread of religious, racist, xeno...

NEWS

Image
Seven Dead As 58 Suspects Were Arrested Over Auchi Rival Cult Clashes Death toll in the clashes? between rival cult groups in Auchi, Edo State, has risen to seven, following the killing of two more persons in a reprisal attack two nights ago. This is even as the Edo State Police Command confirmed the arrest of 58 suspects in connection with the cult clashes? and the killings. The fight began last week Wednesday between the Aye and Jurist confraternity groups, following a disagreement over some issues. It was also gathered that four persons were hacked to death at Iyakpi, while one was killed in Auchi, the administrative headquarters of Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo state between Thursday and Sunday night. Among the victims killed on Sunday night at different locations in the area, it was gathered were Sikiru Jeliu and one Irale Obas, said to have recently completed the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC). The victims were allegedly killed in retaliation to the mu...

NEWS

Image
Nigerian Army Dismisses Three Soldiers The Nigerian Army on Sunday said it has dismissed three soldiers arrested among a kidnapping gang in the outskirts of Maiduguri. Olusegun Adeniyi, the Theater Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this while handing over the dismissed soldiers to the police in Maiduguri. Mr Adeniyi, a major general, disclosed that the soldiers were arrested with 22 other suspects by a joint patrol team in the early hours of Sunday at a building in the outskirts of Maiduguri. He said that the soldiers were initially deployed to the Operation Lafiya Dole, but engaged in nefarious activities such as kidnapping, armed robbery, killings and cultism. Mr Adeniyi added that the erring soldiers were dismissed in accordance with the military procedures, warning that the army would not condone criminals in its fold. “The three soldiers were caught among the evil group, there was further resistance and attempt to escape, so we tied them up with ro...

ANALYSIS

Image
New taxes, charges Buhari govt has imposed on Nigerians since 2015 Since coming to office in 2015, the Buhari administration has introduced policies that have resulted in Nigerians paying more for some services. The administration has set its is policy thrust around reviving the economy, fighting corruption and combating insecurity. Though it has achieved some and fallen short of most of its promises in the three areas, more Nigerians have felt the pinch of its economic policies. Below are some of the services for which Nigerians have been compelled to do more out of pocket spending in the last four years. Fuel Price On May 11, 2016, barely a year after been sworn into office, the Buhari administration increased the pump price for petrol from N86.50 to N 145. Arguing that the price of petrol was artificial, the government said the subsidy component in the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) fuel pricing template must be removed to stop the corr...

NEWS

Image
Xavi was right, Real Madrid do have 1,000 lives...you cant rule them out. R eal Madrid are joint-top of the LaLiga Santander table along with  Athletic Club , after winning 1-0 away at  Sevilla  on Sunday night. Despite the crisis talk that followed their midweek Champions League defeat, Los Blancos went out and collected three points against one of the continent's in-form teams. For  Xavi Hernandez , this won't have come as a surprise as he spoke about never ruling  Real Madrid  out in a recent interview with MARCA. "I've seen it so many times,"  Xavi  stated. " Real Madrid  have 1,000 lives. "What happened last year is an illusion. "They'll fight for everything again, I'm sure of it." By winning at  Sevilla ,  Real Madrid  really have put themselves in the driver's seat in the title race. Not for the first time, they went into a match that many expecte...

NEWS

Image
YAHOO BOYS ARE  STINGY THAN POLITICIANS – ORITSEFEMI Oritsefemi, Yahoo boyNigerian artist, Oritsefemi , says internet fraudsters (yahoo boys) in the country are not useful to the entertainment industry. The ‘Double Wahala’ crooner made the comment in an interview with HipTV, while announcing May 26, for his forthcoming 40-community tour in Port Harcourt. “How many artistes Yahoo Boy don buy car for?,” Oritsefemi asked. “We can see politicians buying cars for artistes. Let’s call a spade a spade. Yahoo boys are helping themselves, not other people. Artistes in the entertainment industry are struggling by themselves.” He described some of his friends, who are into internet fraud, as “stingy.” “Since I’ve known some of my yahoo friends, they’ve never helped me. If they can help me, I’ll agree. We see artistes struggling but yahoo boys are out enjoying themselves. If they can help the industry, I’ll be happy,” he said. Oritsefemi also blamed the federal government fo...

NEWS

Image
SHOCKING!! FACEBOOK CLOSES BUHARI’S ACCOUNT FOR ATTACKING ATIKU Facebook has closed some accounts allegedly set up by an Israeli firm named Archimedes, used in denting the image of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, and boosting the campaign of President Muhammadu Buhari, Associated Press reports. The report by United States think tank, Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab, which analyses misinformation online, said some sample posts removed from Facebook appeared to praise President Buhari of the All Progressives Congress and smear his leading opponent, Atiku. Many of the pages and accounts were discovered to be linked to a Tel Aviv-based political consulting and lobbying firm named Archimedes. On its sparse website of African stock images, the company advertises its deliberate efforts to conduct disinformation campaigns, boasting that it takes “every advantage available in order to change reality according to our cli...

SPORT NEWS

Image
PRESIDENT mUHAMMADU BUHARI CONGRATULATES SUPER FALCONS FOR WINNING WAFU WOMEN’S CUP President Buhari has congratulated the Super Falcons of Nigeria for putting up a superlative performance that saw them emerging as 2019 WAFU Women’s Cup Champions, with an unbeaten record throughout the tournament. President Buhari commends the Falcons for their fighting spirit and resplendent skills evidenced in team work, discipline and focus, which enabled them to defeat the Ivorian Dame Elephantes at the finals of the championship. The President extols all officials and management of the team, led by Thomas Dennerby, for their sacrifice, commitment and diligence in winning the championship. As the team prepares for the forthcoming FIFA Women’s World Cup in France, President Buhari urges officials and players to stay focused and unleash the same zeal that won the WAFU Women’s Cup Champions.

SPORT NEWS

Image
Ighalo Reveals Why Joined Another Club In China Rather Than In Europe. Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo has revealed that European club sides could not afford his buy out clause as the reason for opting for another Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua. Ighalo told TheCable his buy out clause was €40 million ($45.2 million) at the Chinese side Changchun Yatai. He also admitted that reuniting with his former Watford FC of England coach, Quique Sanchez Flores, help made the decision easier. The Super Eagles forward joined the three-time CSL champions on a three-year deal. “I had a buy out clause and it was difficult for the Europe teams to pay that so I had to stay in China and choose Shenhua,” Ighalo told TheCable. “What also formed my decision to stay back in China is because of my former coach Flores. “He wanted me to join the club all along and I am happy that he made it possible to work with him again. He also revealed that former Shanghai Shenhua and Super Eagles ac...

NEWS

Image
Tinubu Reacts To President Buhari’s Vow Of Death For Ballot Box Snatchers. The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Monday said President Muhammadu Buhari never ordered security agencies to shoot Nigerians summarily. Speaking with journalists in Abuja at the end of the APC caucus meeting, he said the President was misinterpreted. He said that the President at the meeting only reinforced that those involved in ballot box snatching will be doing it at the risk of their lives. According to him: “I was in that meeting; the president was just reinforcing the fact that if you are out there snatching ballot boxes and causing destruction, you are at risk of your own life. “Whatever happens to you; No President will give an order that his own citizens should be shot summarily, No! No, its okay, emotions are running high these days. Any individual including myself can be misinterpreted. “These are not his words; he is a law abid...

NEWS

Image
Buhari Issues Serious Warning To Ballot Box Snatchers Ahead Of Saturday 23rd Elections. President Buhari has warned that anybody involved in ballot box snatching during the February 23rd and March 6th general elections will pay with his or her live. Speaking at an All Progressives Congress (APC) Caucus meeting in Abuja on Monday morning, February 18th, President Buhari said that an unlawful act such as ballot snatching will not be tolerated. He added that he has given the police and the military instructions to be ruthless with anyone that would want to cause trouble at polling units. I have briefed the law enforcement agencies. They have identified hotspots and flashpoints. They too should be prepared to move. They too must have made their arrangements as much as possible. Anybody that decides to snatch boxes or lead thugs to the polling units may be the last unlawful action he will take. I have told the military and the police to be ruthless. We are not going to be b...