Posts

Showing posts from September, 2019

NEWS

Image
Tears As Dangote Truck  Kills SIX People In Gombe State An accident involving multiple vehicles around the Bypass area of Gombe state has left six people dead. According to eye witnesses, an open truck said to belong to Dangote experienced brake failure, the truck was said to be conveying ceiling sheets. The truck was said to have rammed into other vehicles and in the process knocked them into a nearby canal. An eyewitness, Julaibib Musa, who narrated how the incident played out said “the accident happened a few minutes ago. It was the Dangote truck that started brushing an 18-seater bus, with LAG Agege 814 plate number, with three passengers and tricycles into the canal.” A survivor, who identified himself as Mubarak, a tricycle operator said, ‘after dropping passengers, I tried to take a U-turn when I saw the truck approaching. Before I could do anything the truck was about to hit me, it was then I tried to divert my tricycle to avoid been crushed”. The deputy ...

news

Image
Foreign Criminal Gang Want To Dupe Nigeria Of Billions Of Dollars’ – Buhari Cries Out To World Leaders President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday in New York alerted World Leaders on attempts by international criminal groups to cheat Nigeria of billions. The president raised the alarm while presenting the country’s National Statement as the fifth speaker on the first day of the General Debate during the 74th Session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA74). According to him, the present Nigerian government is facing the challenges of corruption head-on. He said: “We are giving notice to international criminal groups by the vigorous prosecution of the P&ID scam attempting to cheat Nigeria of billions of dollars.” While holding social media outlets responsible for fuelling major crimes such as mass killings, Buhari called on major tech companies to be alive to their responsibilities. “They cannot be allowed to continue to facilitate the spread of religious, racist, xeno...

NEWS

Image
Seven Dead As 58 Suspects Were Arrested Over Auchi Rival Cult Clashes Death toll in the clashes? between rival cult groups in Auchi, Edo State, has risen to seven, following the killing of two more persons in a reprisal attack two nights ago. This is even as the Edo State Police Command confirmed the arrest of 58 suspects in connection with the cult clashes? and the killings. The fight began last week Wednesday between the Aye and Jurist confraternity groups, following a disagreement over some issues. It was also gathered that four persons were hacked to death at Iyakpi, while one was killed in Auchi, the administrative headquarters of Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo state between Thursday and Sunday night. Among the victims killed on Sunday night at different locations in the area, it was gathered were Sikiru Jeliu and one Irale Obas, said to have recently completed the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC). The victims were allegedly killed in retaliation to the mu...

NEWS

Image
Nigerian Army Dismisses Three Soldiers The Nigerian Army on Sunday said it has dismissed three soldiers arrested among a kidnapping gang in the outskirts of Maiduguri. Olusegun Adeniyi, the Theater Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this while handing over the dismissed soldiers to the police in Maiduguri. Mr Adeniyi, a major general, disclosed that the soldiers were arrested with 22 other suspects by a joint patrol team in the early hours of Sunday at a building in the outskirts of Maiduguri. He said that the soldiers were initially deployed to the Operation Lafiya Dole, but engaged in nefarious activities such as kidnapping, armed robbery, killings and cultism. Mr Adeniyi added that the erring soldiers were dismissed in accordance with the military procedures, warning that the army would not condone criminals in its fold. “The three soldiers were caught among the evil group, there was further resistance and attempt to escape, so we tied them up with ro...

ANALYSIS

Image
New taxes, charges Buhari govt has imposed on Nigerians since 2015 Since coming to office in 2015, the Buhari administration has introduced policies that have resulted in Nigerians paying more for some services. The administration has set its is policy thrust around reviving the economy, fighting corruption and combating insecurity. Though it has achieved some and fallen short of most of its promises in the three areas, more Nigerians have felt the pinch of its economic policies. Below are some of the services for which Nigerians have been compelled to do more out of pocket spending in the last four years. Fuel Price On May 11, 2016, barely a year after been sworn into office, the Buhari administration increased the pump price for petrol from N86.50 to N 145. Arguing that the price of petrol was artificial, the government said the subsidy component in the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) fuel pricing template must be removed to stop the corr...

NEWS

Image
Xavi was right, Real Madrid do have 1,000 lives...you cant rule them out. R eal Madrid are joint-top of the LaLiga Santander table along with  Athletic Club , after winning 1-0 away at  Sevilla  on Sunday night. Despite the crisis talk that followed their midweek Champions League defeat, Los Blancos went out and collected three points against one of the continent's in-form teams. For  Xavi Hernandez , this won't have come as a surprise as he spoke about never ruling  Real Madrid  out in a recent interview with MARCA. "I've seen it so many times,"  Xavi  stated. " Real Madrid  have 1,000 lives. "What happened last year is an illusion. "They'll fight for everything again, I'm sure of it." By winning at  Sevilla ,  Real Madrid  really have put themselves in the driver's seat in the title race. Not for the first time, they went into a match that many expecte...